Marketing Statistics - How Website Videos Work For You
The Power of Internet Videos
One of the most effective marketing tools for companies big and small is online video. The use of videos continues to increase dramatically and is expected to increase further in the coming years. Below are 12 impressive statistics that prove the power of internet videos.
1. eMarketer asserts that over 50% of professional marketers cite videos as having the best return on investment.
2. A 60 second video is worth more than 1.5 million words according to Forrester Research.
3. Websites with videos have a 41% higher click-through rate in universal search results than plain-text websites according to Econsultancy.
4. A video increases by 53 times the chances of getting a page one listing on Google, says Forrester Research.
5. With a video, Comscore states that retail customers on average stay two minutes longer on your website.
6. ReelSEO has found that 96% of website visitors find videos helpful for making online purchase decisions.
7. Customers who watch a video are more likely to make a purchase according to ReelSEO.
8. MediaPost estimates that 57% customers are more confident with their purchase after viewing a video, up from 52% a year ago.
9. EyeView Digital asserts that conversion rates increase by 80% on landing pages when videos are used.
10. Moz says that posts with videos attract 3 times more in-linking domains than plan text posts.
11. Cisco estimates that by 2017 69% of all global Internet traffic will be via videos.
12. According to eMarketer, videos in email campaigns see increased click-through rates, increased time spent reading the email, and increased sharing and forwarding.